Attendees: Maureen, Alexis, Susan, Orquidea, Suzanne L, Heather, Janice, Sharon, Megan, Julie
- Announcement, next meeting Oct. 25 focusing on election preparation
- November meeting will be Nov 14, Wednesday, featuring Vicki talking about nutrition.
Toni Hendron – Time Management
Toni’s background varies widely from caring for exotic animals at the San Diego Zoo to caring for students and professors as lead faculty at Point Loma Nazarene University. Sprinkle in her past experience in conducting small claims court mediation, business coaching, and founding a nonprofit to aid refugees and you can begin to see the thread that binds this all together… her love for being of service.
Tonight, Toni will share her expertise in time management and offer tools, tips and tricks to keep you on the path of achieving the desired results you seek. This co-created experience of ideas and laughter will surely yield new insights to such concepts as setting goals, understanding procrastination, and generating a new mindset around time itself.
Toni passed out pieces of paper with sayings, sentences, or paragraphs from various time management books which instigated discussion and sharing of ideas on each of our own time management skills.
- Building in habit. Such as going to gym every morning 5:00 a.m.
- Refocus the important things – make it a priority
- Do less things that create more value
- What is significant and what deserves our time
- Your lack of preparation is not my emergency
- Self reflection: Meditation (app on your phone Headspace), gardening, art, praying
- Journal – start with three things you are grateful for
- Do most important tasks firsts – write three most important tasks each day. Do the task you don’t want to do, do it first.
- Delineate a time limit to finish project
- Little chunks at a time
- Email – only touch it once. If you don’t respond, delete it.
- Isolation – remove yourself
- No amount of thought will make the to-do list any shorter
- Make meetings 50 minutes, for example, start at 10 minutes after hour
- Get an early start, don’t procrastinate (video)
- Learn to say “no” , take on only those commitments that you know you have time for and truly care about.
- S.M.A.R.T. goals
- I don’t have time means Its not a priority
- Hold space with love
- Mutual benefit, mutual agreement
Look up “Demon of Business” article
Video: Inside the Mind of a Master Procrastinator – Tim Urban
Video: How to Control Your Free Time by Laura Vanderkam (11:54)