H2OME

Thanks to Brook Sarson, Rainwater and Greywater Consultant, Installer and Educator, for presenting to our Global Gals on April 12.  Brook has her electrical engineering and math degrees.  After 4 years out of the workforce to raise kids, she decided to head back to work but in an area in which she has passion. She took off to Arizona for a one-month perma-culture class.  Now she helps people understand the essence of water issues here in San Diego.

Only 20% of San Diego’s water comes from local sources.  The other 80% comes from hundreds miles away known as the Colorado River.  The San Diego Water District states that 140 gallons of water per person per day are used in San Diego.  A 500 square foot lawn takes 13,000 gallons of water to keep it green.  That’s alot of water!

Brook helps residential property owners/renters collect greywater and use it effectively in their yards.  Greywater is collected from laundry machines and bathrooms sinks, moves through a valve and pipes, and runs out into the backyard.  She’ll come to your home for a consultation to determine if and how water can be collected and used.  Her fee is $75 and the consultation takes about 1 1/2 hours.  To install a shower system costs approximately $700.

If you are interested in learning more about greywater and rainwater uses, read a couple of book:

Create an Oasis with Greywater by Art Ludwig

Rainwater Harvesting by Brad Lancaster

Please contact Brook Sarson from H2OME for a consultation.  Her contact info:  (619) 964-4838, brook@H2O-ME.com, www.H2O-ME.com

Thanks Brook, for the enlightening information!

Your Gal,

Jules

 

 

 

This entry was posted in GGG, Home Improvement and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.